Sunday, April 11, 2010

FIN3101 Test 2 (40%)

Today had my FIN3101: Corporate Finance Test 2(Final) at 9am. Didn't sleep the whole night. Couldn't say I was mugging non-stop, but I actually put in the effort for the final push (as if I pushed it along sial). Anyways, nth was coming... I couldn't focus. My thoughts weren't right. I was thinking of something else. Oh my, this is really bad, bearing in mind this is the 2nd time I'm taking the module. Yes, I failed this module last sem coz I was back stabbed and of coz I did badly in the tests too. So, I thought to myself to just forget everything, and start afresh. Hopefully I can sail through smoothly this time round.

Once I step into the LT, I just had a bad feeling that the final would be very difficult. And just as expected, it WAS indeed extremely fucking difficult. Maybe I lack preparation. But even ppl who prepared thoroughly still felt that the paper was very difficult. Some questions I really don't know how to answer. I answered quantitative questions qualitatively. I didn't know what to do. I just tried to "fill up all the blanks" to make paper look less empty. I even wrote a PM to the prof in answer sheet for one of the questions. Pls don't think I'm joking. This is real. Here it goes:

Dear Prof XXXXX,
Can you pls be lenient abit? I don't want to fail this module AGAIN. This is already the 2nd time I'm taking this module. I really don't want to take his mod for a 3rd time. I would be deeply grateful to you if you just let me pass. Even a 'D' will do. God bless you....

Actually I was still unsure I would actually write this down, but in the end I did, but I hope that the Prof won't deduct my marks for writing a letter to her under the answers column. Maybe she'd just give me a big, red cross and just throw my answers into the rubbish bin. I don't know why I'm emo-ing this time round. It's not like I haven't done badly before in exam before. Maybe it's because that it's the 1st time I'm retaking a failed module and I'm extremely desperate to clear it this time round. But come to think of it, I'm seriously not meant for finance. I don't know whether I have a choice of not doing a specialization at all and just graduate with a breadth BBA degree...

No comments:

Post a Comment